The 4-day Java Foundation Course aims to give an introduction to core Object Orientation concepts, as well as the fundamental Java concepts, syntax and libraries. It uses Java 11 and includes a basic introduction to functional programming concepts like lambda functions and the Java Streams API.
It provides an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of OO and Java under expert guidance, and the ability to focus on areas more applicable to the attendee audience.
- Understanding of Object Orientation fundamentals
- Understanding of Java fundamental programming constructs
- Applying the core Java SDK (collections, concurrency, streams)
Who will benefit from the course?
Software developers with some programming experience who are being onboarded into a Java development team, as well as those wanting to formalise their Java knowledge and boost productivity.
- Fundamentals of OO
- Program Flow
- Initialization and cleanup
- Hiding the implementation
- Reusing Classes
- Interfaces and Inner classes
- Error Handling
- Java IO
- Lambda Functions
- Streams API
Workshop Formats & Pricing
This workshop is offered as a 4-day on-site or twelve 2-hour sessions online workshop.
Please take a look at our pricing section for more information.